What does it mean to be happy?
In today’s world of constant hustle and bustle and, not to mention, the keep-up-with-the-Jones’s mentality that eats at so many of us, sometimes it can seem hard to focus on what’s MOST meaningful in life.
I’m finding that having an attitude of gratitude is a good starting point. If we can’t find happiness in the small things, then how can we find it when we’re given MORE?
Fortunately,the pursuit of ‘Happyness’ doesn’t have to be complicated, ya’ll.
Here are 10 ways for YOU to live an enjoyable, fun, purposeful, EXTRAORDINARY life:
1. Remember God. Not to sound uh “preachy”, but I can honestly say as I’ve weathered many storms in my life, I’ve learned that there can be no good, truly happy life without God. If you don’t have a relationship with Him, I gladly recommend it through prayer, reading the Bible, and making a conscious effort to live out your faith, but remember it’s a daily process of transformation & renewal of the mind;)
2. Promote LOVE in your life. Give love and receive it . There’s something about giving/getting a hug and a smile that can make all the difference.
3. Count your blessings. Remember the song that goes ”Count your blessings…name them one by one..”? Well when we think of life and consider all the awesome things we’ve been given, that should remind us that we are loved and treasured.
4. Bring passion! Do something every day that you’re passionate about. Whether it’s planting flowers, taking pictures, singing or dancing, etc…do constructive things that bring a smile to your face.
5. Be PURPOSE DRIVEN. Consider your unique calling on this earth and use those gifts to fulfill your purpose. Maybe its time to launch a new business or start that organization you’ve always dreamed of getting off the ground. Go for it!
6. Nurture positive relationships. Focus on surrounding yourself with supportive, loving, and caring people who genuinely want to see you succeed and vice versa.
7.Think good thoughts. 🙂
8. Get better. Any areas of your life that feel out of balance or in need of improvement, focus on developing those to the best that they can be…so more doors of opportunity can be opened for you.
9. Forgive others. Hey…you and I both know we’ve all been guilty of acting out of character with words and or actions. Why not forgive others as we’ve been forgiven? It’s a process, but it’s SO worth it! Free yourself of the unnecessary pain and baggage of unforgiveness.
10. Be INTENTIONAL. Don’t live life by default. Choose to have joy each day no matter what comes your way. (Again, this is easier said that done, but its worth it!)
Let’s pursue the happy, GOOD life!;)