Its great to feel my clothes getting looser and my energy level increase. I also can’t believe how fast time flies, but some things I’ve learned throughout these past few weeks are:
1. Everyday is an opportunity to be better than you were yesterday. (I’ve learned to celebrate small victories.)
2. Keeping the fitness goal in the mind is a great motivator.
3. Consistency in fitness is a process that doesn’t happen overnight.
4. Having patience with yourself can mean the difference between success and failure.
5. Accountability is so important. (There’s nothing like having friends and family join you in the journey for improved health and well-being. Our communities need that now more than ever.)
Someone told me recently that a great rule of the thumb is to eat 80% healthy and allow 20% for a little splurging here and there. The key point is not to take your eye off the prize. This makes perfect sense, because the concept of “all work and no play” can get pretty boring. In fitness, its all about having fun during the journey.
If you can’t enjoy it, then chances are you won’t stick with it.
Let’s keep it up! Success in any area of life is a journey, not a destination….:)